Senior Field Application Engineer (m/f) Automotive
Munich or Stuttgart
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) supports the customer’s engineering teams with evaluation and design-in of analog, mixed signal ICs and power discretes for Automotive applications. In this role, the candidate will work with a team of sales engineers and FAEs to support the key customers based in Europe. These activities include close co-operation with product marketing, applications and development groups in Europe, North America and Japan. Your focus will be on key automotive applications such as ADAS and vehicle electrification, as well as interior electronics, body control, HVAC, exterior lighting and powertrain amongst others.
Our client is one of the leading American semiconductor suppliers offering a broad portfolio of power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom devices which helps customers efficiently solve their design challenges for different markets.
- Present solutions to customers
- Recommend the best topologies and products, assisting with evaluation and design-in
- Develop strong technical relationships with the customer’s R&D staff
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s systems and requirements to become an application/subject matter expert
- Assist in the definition and development of new products
- Help trouble-shoot issues in customer applications
You have a BS or MS in electronic engineering with preferably an experience in Analog, Power and mixed signal ICs and related packaging technologies. We value your knowledge in any of the following areas:
- Power supply: Switching (DC/DC) regulation, Linear regulation, Gate Drivers, Vehicle charging circuitry, Battery technologies.
- Power discretes: Power modules, IGBT and MOSFET devices, Silicon, SiC and GaN technologies.
- Motor drive and Load control: Protected HS and LS drivers, LED drivers, Motor drive.
- You have strong presentation and writing skills as well as excellent communications skills; with the ability to ask questions appropriately and gather key information.
- You are open to develop knowledge in new applications, products and technology areas
- You consider yourself a self-starter and team player, with a high degree of initiative
- You are able to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, to plan ahead and to work independently with minimal supervision after the training period on assigned customers.
- You pay attention to detail and take pride and ownership in supporting the development of high quality products providing key customer inputs.
- You are enthusiastic and flexible to travel.
- You are fluent in German and have excellent English language skills
This job will be executed by