Junior Field Application Engineer (m/f) Automotive
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) supports the customer’s engineering teams with evaluation and design-in of analog, power and mixed signal ICs for Industrial and Automotive applications. In this role, the candidate will work in a team of sales engineers and FAEs to support the key customers based in Germany. These activities include close co-operation with product marketing and product development groups in Europe, North America and Japan.
Our client is one of the leading American semiconductor suppliers offering a broad portfolio of power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom devices which helps customers efficiently solve their design challenges for different markets.
- Present solutions to customers
- Recommend the best topologies and products, assist with evaluation and design-in
- Develop strong technical relationships with customer’s R&D staff
- Assist with the definition and development of new products
You have a BS or MS in electronic engineering with preferably an experience in Analog, Power and mixed signal ICs and related packaging technologies.
Your focus will be on applications such as energy conversion, renewable energy, power supply, motor control and smart meters and electronic for automotive. Therefore we value your knowledge of the following hardware technologies:
- Energy conversion: Integrated Power Modules, IGBT and MOSFET devices
- Power supply: power and energy management techniques and ICs, AC-DC conversion, DC-DC conversion, charging circuitry, battery technology
- Motor drive and control: motor technologies, motor drive, power discrete and modules
- Electronic for Automotive: Protected HS and LS drivers, Motor drivers and Smart ICs
On a personality level, you are an independent worker and a team player, showing a high degree of initiative. People know you as an active listener, with strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills, in both German and English).
Willingness to travel is a natural requirement. As part of a training program we consider some month spend in one or more EMEA offices.
This job will be executed by