Firmware Development Manager
This position is responsible for leading the team of firmware development engineers throughout the entire development process and participate in the development work.
Our client is a high-tech company in the field of semiconductor and develops high quality products for industrial and automotive markets.
- Leading a team of firmware development engineers throughout the entire development process
- Planning, scheduling, tracking, and execution of firmware development projects
- Enhancement of the design and development process using leading edge methodologies & tools
- Participate in the development work at key areas and demonstrate to the other team members good practice and skills
- Ensuring firmware and product quality by living and improving the established development and quality control processes
- Participate in conceptual and architectural considerations and decisions together with the R&D management team
- MSc (or equivalent) degree and 6 to 10 years of professional software development experience including experience in a technical leader / manager role, PhD is a benefit
- Excellence in C language software design and development
- Familiarity with microprocessors, system architecture, software development and debug tools
- Familiarity with internals of operating systems like Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with flash memory based mass storage device technology is a plus
- Experience with complex host interfaces like PCIe, eMMC, SATA, etc. is a plus
- A focus on quality and efficiency combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills in
- English and German (soft/social skills)
We a looking for any qualified candidate, regardless of gender.