Senior SW Applications Engineer - Automotive/ Infotainment
The successful candidate will be part of a growing team helping to drive the company’s business with device manufacturers, System integrators and Automakers in Europe. The chosen applicant will closely interact with a worldwide leading Auto manufacturer and provide front line applications & systems engineering support to customers in the role of Application Engineer, focusing on all aspects of QCT solutions including Infotainment, Application Processors, Board Support Package, Operating System and Multimedia.
Our Client is an American multinational semiconductor and telecommunications equipment company that designs and markets wireless telecommunications products and services.
- Automotive/Infotainment SW applications engineering and customer technical support.
- First point of contact for customer technical issues and questions
- Understand customer requirements and translating them into internal SW features
- Triage and debug of customer technical issues.
- Authoring application notes for QCT product and technologies.
- Presentation & training on QCT chipset & software products and tools
- Building trusted relationship status with customers engineering teams and the company’s internal teams
- On-site customer technical support for system wake up and critical integration & test development phases.
- Pre and post-sales technical support to SOC / Chipset customers.
- Provide input to future product roadmaps based on customer Use Case and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 7+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
- 3+ years experience with debugging techniques.
- 4+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
- 10+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development/Debugging experience, or related work experience.
- Strong engineering background in systems, software and/or hardware Performance / Functional Trouble shooting on embedded systems with J-TAG or ICE debuggers
- Strong experience with AGL/ Genivi Linux based systems and deep-knowledge with Yocto based distributions .
- Experience on Device Driver Development , Memory Management , System Crash Analysis, Stability, System debugging
- Experience in real-time SW development/debugging for embedded products , device drivers, bootloaders, peripherals
- Embedded C / C++ programming
- Flexible, Self-starting, and Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work in a diverse global organisation
- Exposure to one or more Operating systems / Hypervisors (Android , Greenhills, QNX etc )
- Knowledge on Virtualization concepts and Experience on Hypervisor platforms.
- Knowledge of Automotive Applications, Requirements and Use Cases
- Familiarity with ARM based processors, assembly language and Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Track record of working side by side with the customers project teams
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple customer's project teams
- Experience of working in the Automotive/SOC industry
- Experience on Autonomous driving / ADAS concepts
- *** This position requires European and Global travel.*** *** Candidates with German Proficiency B2 or better are preferred***
This job will be executed by
We a looking for any qualified candidate, regardless of gender.